Today's sermon was about perseverance... so timely, it's like He knows! ;)

We're doing a series from Revelation about the seven cities. To the church in Ephesus, the message was love. To the church in Smyrna, perseverance. Tim talked about being tested and noted that the tests only lasted for short periods of time (not a life time). I liked this part, it really gives me a lot of hope these days. I am so very thankful that my husband is not overseas, and if that time comes, I'm sure God will provide, but for now, I am thankful. And I am thankful that we have visiting dates to count down to and eventually a coming home date to look forward to. Joy.
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4
Friends, let our community be driven by love to never give up. <3
1 comment:
HUG!
Sermon was a comfort.... and a challenge, don't ya think?
Post a Comment