
Megan is such an incredible example of what it means to be alive. She has a beautiful love for the Lord, and all of His creation. This summer is really different from her last. The past summer, she was in Greece, telling people about Jesus. This summer she is in Ohio/Florida sharing His love with her family (she may think otherwise but He is so visibly present in her). Megan is loyal beyond belief to both God and her friends. Her relationship with the Lord is the very definition of perseverance. She is constantly in the Word and reminding me that is where I should be too. Her castle is not build on pillars of sand (coldplay, viva la vida). She may not always have that "spiritual high" like a lot of folks get after coming back from a conference or a weekend of discipleship, but her relationship with God is build on a firm foundation that outweighs any sort of feelings.
Megan is one of few people I have seen undeniably give up something she loved because of a conviction by the Holy Spirit. Her persistence to serve Him and live His will for her life is a testimony to all the folks around her (she is a major people person so there are a lot of "folks around her"). She has a love for God's creation that I envy. Her major is in environmental studies, but it would be a lie to say that she loves the outdoors any more than she loves her residents. I stayed with her in SM when my lease was up for a few weeks before flying to MO. There were residents flocking to her room at all hours and when she worked the desk, it was never alone. I had to keep reminding myself of how great is was for these residents to know Megan so I would not be annoyed with what seemed like their endless presence.
She is going to think I planned all this out in response to a facebook note she wrote; however, it all started in my head long before I had seen the note on the trail. Just when alive popped into my head was when I thought that she was the perfect example of that. So, bouquets to Megan. Hope you enjoy the Florida sunshine, sis!
No comments:
Post a Comment