Monday, July 20, 2009

A Forever Kind of Love

     Scott waited in the room patiently for me to post that article yesterday.  Yesterday was our one year anniversary.  That man seems to have an infinite patience for me and my crazy artistic absent-mindedness, or my leaving the first batch of cookies in the oven too long, or me not deciding what I want to wear, or me getting lost in traffic, or me loving others so much I loose track of time (and sometimes occasion).  My husband is such an admirable man.
     The love Scott has for me is the closest thing I have experienced to God's love.  It is all but agape.  We are so blessed to be married and so thankful for our love (we love because He first loved us.  -I John 4:19).  
     I so admire my husband's faithfulness to me.  We have spent over 4 months apart in this first year.  I always tell people that marriage is the best/hardest thing I have ever done in my life.  He continues to gain my respect with his admirable character and actions towards myself and others.  The man truly has my heart.
     This first year has been incredible!  So many great days on the beach.  We have a marriage that is romantic, but also a wonderful friendship that has lasted throughout dating, engagement, and continues to thrive in marriage.  We are not in the honey-moon stage; however if we continue to love God first and love each other more than ourselves, it is going to be a wonderful lifetime of love!  :)  Cheers, to a forever kind of love!

3 comments:

Mellie_Blogs said...

Congratulations on your first year!!! You are such a beautiful couple! may you be blessed with a lifetime of love and happiness! XO

Shadow said...

i am so happy for you guys! happy (belated) anniversary :) it's an honor to call you my friends. on another note... YAY FOR BLOGS! i'm glad you found me, i forgot you had one!

Lindsay Kennedy said...

I like this.