Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"make love, not war"

     So if we are made in His image (...God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.  Genesis 1:27), and He is our Creator, are we not creators?
waves.jpg
     So, don't we have a choice about what it is we are going to make?  I had to give a brief today to a lot of higher-ups.  The brief did not go as well as planned (which may or may not have had anything to do with me or the politics in the office).  I am the type of person that has a really hard time taking, "no" for an answer.  So I am going another route to make life easier for other spouses.  Pretty much since birth, I have taken a lot of joy out of defying the odds, and trusting in God as my source of strength and hope, not man.
     I like to make a lot of things: paintings, cookies, dinner for my husband, people smile, amongst other things.  I used to think that I was the type of person who would have a ripple effect on those around me.  Now, I think I'm more of a wave-maker.  Ripples are great and necessary and may also be a result of waves, but I want to be bigger.  I want to offer more folks peace of mind.  I want to show them that they have access to the same hope and joy that is so abundant in my life.  I want to make them smile.  I want to love people more.  I want to make waves.


2 comments:

Megan Kirkwood said...

this sounds like an idea for a tattoo :)

Lindsay Kennedy said...

You've made waves in my life beautiful one. Wonderful waves. Maybe it's why you love the beach so much. You're heart is at home there.