Thursday, August 6, 2009

this is my solemn vow


I, Brianna, take you, Scott, to be my husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, in joy and in sorrow, in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, as long as we both shall live, this is my solemn vow.
     A solemn vow before God, one another, family, and friends.  A little over a year into marriage, and I am still practicing what it means to live out this vow.  I have a feeling that I will be 90 years old and still learning what it means to be a better wife to my husband.  
     Yesterday, my wonderful husband attempted to go purchase staples for my staple gun (I was wanting to tack some canvas on a frame so that I could paint (the staples did not fit the gun, but it is the thought that counts)).  While he was out, I made some chicken and rice, along with some broccoli.  It was an awesome dinner! 
     Now is a very beautiful time.  For the next few weeks, neither one of us are working.  We do not have money to spend.  We do not have appointments to keep.  We do have an ample amount of time to practice fulfilling our vows.  I know a time will come when I do not have hours to spend on making dinner for my husband; but, for now, I am thankful.  And when things start to consume our time like school, work and eventually a family, I will still be thankful.  
I, Brianna, take you, Scott, to be my husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, in joy and in sorrow, in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, as long as we both shall live, this is my solemn vow. 

No comments: