Monday, October 26, 2009

My Significance

I heard a sermon yesterday that really hit home for me. I wanted to share a little piece with you:
There is a rush in the world today to find significance. [This is a valid rush.] A truly healthy significance can only be found in God [not my boss, my husband, or my parents]. HOWEVER, our significance does not relate to our salvation.
Wow. Our pastor went on to say that in our search for significance we may try to do good deeds. We want to be "good people" because we believe that pleases God. There is nothing wrong with doing good deeds unless we are motivated to do them out of a hope for winning God's approval.
I write to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of His name. -I John 2:12 (emphasis added)

Good is often the enemy of Best.
*Best is to stand at the feet of the cross and live in response to the gratitude we show Him for the sacrifice He made on our behalf.
God's forgiveness is central to everything!
My significance lies in this: that Jesus loves me enough to die. My significance lies in Christ!

No comments: