Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call on the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. James 5:13-16
Scott and I have never been to a church, like Ecclesia, that is so faithful in the laying on of hands before. Some people may think it is strange, and that it may be, but beyond that it is Biblical. I have taken part in laying on hands before but last night was the first time I had experienced it for myself. After everyone prayed, Greg (our pastor) asked if I felt anything different. I was so sorry to say that I did not. Again after the study, a man from church came and asked Scott to put his hand on my back where it hurt. He specifically prayed for all the muscles to be healed in Jesus name. Still nothing. Greg usually asked us if we all believe that people can be healed through prayer. Is our faith that strong?
For most of the night I was questioning: Why didn't God heal my back instantly? Should I be fasting? Is there a specific sin standing in my way from healing? I believed that God would come through, but continued to wonder why not now, and if not now, when?
"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." John 9:3
Last night my back began to feel better. Scott said to see how it felt in the morning. Mornings are usually good for me, but I was so excited going to sleep last night (I knew God was healing me because this was the first night in some time that I did not fall asleep using the heating pad on my back). This morning, not even the slightest knot or bump or pain remains. I keep twisting and turning and bending over, and the pain is just not there!
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23
To God be the glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment