Monday, May 17, 2010

I believe that the Holy Spirit is far more capable of intervening in our lives than what we are willing to acknowledge or even admit at times. Over the past few weeks I have been prayerful about listening to what the Spirit has for me. There have been several specific instances where I have had these really intense intuitions, before I have made decisions. In all of the situations, I would have turned out on the upper-hand had I listened to the Spirit's whispers and gone with "my gut instinct." At first, it was really difficult to acknowledge exactly what the these intense feelings were. I thought, "I must be crazy!" I chose (in the earlier situations) to go against these feelings, just a little fearful of what they might mean. By the third scenario, I chose to acknowledge these Spirit-lead-intuitions. It undoubtedly played out in my favor. Could it be that God of the Universe is concerned with even the most minute details that make up the well-being of my life!?!?!

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. Romans 8:26-27

Friday I was driving to Houston for my dear friend's bridal shower. The roads were wet and the weather wasn't much good. I was all ready driving slow due to the previously stated conditions. After I had been on the road for about an hour, I had a really intense intuitive feeling that something was not right. Because of my experiences earlier in the week, I acknowledged the Spirit's leading and again, slowed my speed down even more than before. There was a yield sign as I was transitioning between highways.
When I hit my brakes to slow down for the yield sign, they caught wrong on the wet road and I hydroplaned into the ditch. Once the car came to a stop, I sat in it for a few seconds, encouraging myself to breathe. When I climbed out of the car, there were all ready 3 other vehicles pulled over to see if I was okay and needing any assistance. In one of the vehicles, was a girl that I worked with at a previous job. All persons were willing to wait with me (in the rain) until assistance came. A little later, the sheriff came and assessed the accident. She said that there was nothing I could have done differently to have prevented the accident. She also stated that it was fortunate that I had not been going any faster, and also that the car did not flip.

For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. Psalm 91:11

The tow truck/body shop family were all very kind, and Scott came soon and met us at their shop. After we dealt with the insurance company, I took things out of my car. I folded down the back seats and crawled into the trunk to get my toolbox out and found that the trunk was soaked in gasoline and I could see through my trunk to the ground below. Scott took time to pray for me and our new circumstances. He thanked God that I was okay and prayed that we would have the strength to trust in Him for our future.
There are multiple scenarios that this accident could have potentially been a lot worse. I am not physically injured, other than sore muscles. I praise the Lord, for His Sprit-lead warnings and that no one else was involved in my accident. In spite of everything, I am thankful. It really was the best case possible scenario for my first wreck. I am trusting the Lord for tomorrow.
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us. Romans 5:5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so glad you are ok! That is an amazing story.

Unknown said...

very cool my friend, very cool :)