Thursday, January 27, 2011

no thought

Ah, Oswald, I disagree on your first paragraph of today's devotional (I believe complete freedom from the bondage of sin is most definitely possible, a process, but possible. I believe freedom from sin is the very reason Jesus came, died, and rose again. This is a longer blog for another post)... maybe if we could have a conversation about this over a cup of tea, you could enlighten me as to where you are coming from; however, as such is not a possibility, I will post the latter two paragraphs and commend you once again on your writing.


"Take no thought for your life." "Be careful about one thing only," says our Lord - "your relationship to Me." Common sense shouts loud and says - "That is absurd, I must consider how I am going to live, I must consider what I am going to eat and drink." Jesus says you must not. Beware of allowing the thought that this statement is made by One Who does not understand our particular circumstances. Jesus Christ knows our circumstances better than we do, and He says we must not think about these things so as to make them the one concern of our life. Whenever there is competition, be sure that you put your relationship to God first.

"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." How much evil has begun to threaten you to-day? What kind of mean little imps have been looking in and saying - Now what are you going to do next month - this summer? "Be anxious for nothing," Jesus says. Look again and think. Keep your mind on the "much more" of your heavenly Father.

No comments: