My Daddy-O went to MD Anderson today and planned to discuss with the doctor a second surgery and radiation options (because the tumor/cysts are coming back). My parents took off work and made the trip to Houston, but were not able to open either of the 2 CD’s to see the MRI images of my dad’s brain. Although they took two CD’s, neither could be opened at the hospital. So the potential of surgery is still looming; however, I think this is a great opportunity to petition the Lord on my father’s behalf. What if they cannot get the disk to open? My dad will have to get another MRI made, and wouldn’t it be the greatest if this MRI contained no images of anything growing in my dad’s brain!?!??!
I John 3:21-23 says:
21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.
Again in Matthew 7:7-11:
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
John 15:7 states:
If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
Jesus healed many people while He was here on earth and the Bible has multiple passages of scripture that speak of healing as well.
Today I just wanted to ask you to pray on my dad’s behalf. It is clear that the Lord hears the prayers of the righteous! Even in the Old Testament it says:
Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear (Isaiah 65:24).There is a difference between perfection and obedience, no one is perfect but Jesus, and it is through His blood that we are even able to come before a Holy God. I also want to note that God is not a genie in a lamp. He cannot be put in a box, and He is not required to grant any wishes. I just know that the Lord hears our prayers, and He answers them! I know that God will have an answer for all of this. In Daniel 3, before Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego are thrown into the furnace, they say, “If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and He will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if He does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up” (vs. 17-18, emphasis added). I also know that no matter which way this plays out, God is sovereign and loving and good! I just didn’t want to miss the opportunity to ask y’all to talk to Him on my dad’s behalf. I know that the Lord is so capable of healing and that this would be a miracle if He allows it, and that is why I am asking you to pray. I love y’all so very much! Thanks for your time and your prayers.
1 comment:
Praying for him. Sorry, a little late.
Post a Comment