Oswald writes:
Obey Him with glad reckless joy. When He says something and you begin to debate, it is because you have a conception of His honour which is not His honour. Are you loyal to Jesus or loyal to your notion of Him? Are you loyal to what He says, or are you trying to compromise with conceptions which never came from Him? 'Whatsoever He saith unto you, do it.'
I heard this verse on K-Love while I was prayerfully seeking the Lord's guidance on one of the topics of recent change:
But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision not uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:5-6
The dj then said, if we live safely, God has less of an opportunity to work through us, but if we step out in faith, He can work through us and change the lives of other people. I so desire to be a light for His glory! I want to have the faith to act in obedience to what the Lord has for me. I do not want to be afraid. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love...
Some decisions are difficult. I ask the Lord if I am capable. He says, it doesn't matter whether I am or not, because He is. He is more than capable. I do not have to be the savior of anyone. Jesus all ready did that. My job is to show people the joy of His love. I can do that!
...and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. -Isaiah 58:8
The Lord must remain as my strength, and my joy, and my source of life. One must have life in order to give it.
Some decisions are harder still. What about those whose lives will be altered by my decisions?
From Oswald:
If we obey God it will mean that other people's plans are upset, and they will gibe us with it-- 'You call this Christianity?' We can prevent the suffering; but if we are going to obey God, we must not prevent it, we must let the cost be paid...Are we going to remain loyal in our obedience to God and go through the humiliation of refusing to be independent or are we going to take the other line and say-- I will not cost other people suffering?...Whereas if we obey God, He will look after those who have been pressed into the consequences of our obedience. We simply have to obey and to leave all consequences with Him. Beware of the inclination to dictate to God as to what you will allow to happen if you obey Him.
My choice is obedience, with glad reckless joy, that faith may be expressed through love. To God be the glory, now, and always.
No comments:
Post a Comment