Tuesday, April 19, 2011

a prophet

I heard a prophet of God prophesy on 4/16/11 and I want to write about it. I was initially skeptical, because I have never heard a prophet speak before (outside what is written in the Bible). What I experienced can most accurately be described as an audible, human voice of the Lord. The prophet began with a message to our church that was right on target of where we are as a whole. Then (as if that wasn't enough) he began to call people up and pour God's love into their lives. He would speak about very specific details from their lives ranging from traumatic childhood experiences to broken marriages to struggles with sin. All this and He would always remind the person what gifts He gave them and how they should have confidence in those gifts. When talking about sin, He would remind people not to carry around the guilt. "Remember," He would say, "I told you, it is as far as the east is from the west, and it is forgotten." Just over and over telling people about how much He loved them and how proud He was to call them His child. He truly does love us as individuals. He is everything lovely. He always encourages. He desires to build upon the gifts He created us with for His glory. He is compassionate and merciful. He is not defined by our circumstances. He is good.
I just don't want to forget this feeling and I don't want to have it blotted out by work or business or stress. I just heard a prophet prophesy, not about my life, specifically, but about other people's lives. I just hear truth. I see God's loveliness. He would just look into people's lives in a way that only God could know. And their past, their present or their future, just little pieces of it, and just speak God's truth and God's love over absolutely everything that was painful or horrible. The Lord took it and said, "I'm going to heal this and I'm going to make this okay, and I'm going to make these bad things go away, because that wasn't from Me and you must stand strong under testing because you are going to be tested and you are going to hit barriers, but you must stand strong. You must continue to choose Me. Because you choose Me, I will bless you." Just over and over again, looking at all the pain and all the brokenness in people's lives and just making it okay. That is the God that we serve and that is the God that we love and He loves us immensely. He looks as spouses and says, "this is only a very small portion of how deeply I love you!" And if God feels like that about the individuals that the prophet spoke about, He feels like that about me too, and about my husband, and about you. :) We praise You, God. Thank You for Your loveliness and mercy and grace! Oh, how He loves!!!

No comments: