Friday, September 14, 2012

sheep

     I have been feeling a lot like a sheep lately.  Stupid.  Not having the ability to decide a direction to go.  Peace has seemed unreachable at times.  Something unobtainable, and so far away.  I tend to struggle with decisions.  I am a people-pleaser.  So much that at times, it is sinful. 
     All this being said, I have a loving and merciful Shepherd. Last night, Eli slept 12 hours, so I was able to actually get up and spend (much needed) time in the Word.  From this morning's quiet time:

He tends His flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in His arms
and carries them close to His heart;
He gently leads those that have young.
Isaiah 40:11 


     He is good.  Even if I am a stupid sheep, my Shepherd loves me (and my little lamb) and knows what we both need.  Praise be His name.

2 comments:

everyday splendor. said...

I've clung to this verse a lot this year. Love you.

PonTIFFicatingCat said...

Indecision! One of my favorite spiritual topics. Remember, God gives us exactly the right amount of information each day (providing that we avail ourselves to it). If there's something you don't know yet, it's because God is working something out- either inside you, or externally. You'll know- right on time- what to do. Love you and your lamb!!