This day means a lot of different things to a lot of different people, and for certain, I could not encompass the entirety of the emotions of this day in one blog entry. For me this is a day of faith and courage. Some encouraging scripture this morning:
No one will be able to stand up against you all
the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous। Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:5-9
No one will be able to stand up against you all
the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous। Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:5-9
My husband is a Veteran and his time serving is far from finished. A lot of times this is a topic of great fear in my heart, "Will he be deployed again?" It is comforting to know that God is with us and in His sovereignty He is good. The only reason we can fight for our freedom and the only reason we can love or do anything for that matter is because of Jesus. He has all ready fought for us, and won!
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay
down his life for his friends. John 15:13
So today is a day of celebration! In honor of those who fought so bravely and those who continue to fight! I could hardly sleep last night (something like Christmas), because I am so excited to be leaving a surprise for my husband this morning.
They are supposed to be stars! Ah but I'll bet it makes him smile and that will be worth all the effort! What a joy it is to love! Praise Him who loved us first!
1 comment:
beautiful...so beautiful.
Post a Comment