Thursday, February 5, 2009

Loving Priorities

Today I had a really busy day: class, an interview for a summer job, a meeting to talk to a professor about becoming a CCLS, and two assignments due in a class.  

Today I received a really scary text from my husband at the ER.  It was amazing how all the stress and busy things above disappeared and how quickly (after one conversation with a friend) people started praying for us.  

Scott became my priority and everything else was erased from my slate.  He is, so so thankfully, okay.  He has an infection and will be taking antibiotics for it.  It just really made me realize that after God, this man means the world to me.  It was so surprising today how quickly everything else just went away for the man I love.  I tell him he means the world to me all the time, but today I showed him that he means the world to me.  I had no idea where he was (other than at a VA hospital in San Antonio) but I was sure in my car with a map and phone numbers in hand ready to drive anywhere to be with him.  Priorities are so important.  I would suggest readers to keep theirs in line and be thankful for their support groups.  Friends, thanks for the prayers.  

No comments: