Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Georgia Peaches

3/20/09 (around 4:45 am)
     Sitting in the San Antonio airport with two tickets in my hand.  One to Atlanta, GA, the next to Columbus, GA.  From there I'm supposed to get a cab to the La Quinta.  I have the address scribbled down on paper in my purse.  The radio speaker overhead plays "every mile a memory" and so many images rush to mind... I cannot believe I will see him today!
The weekend was quite possibly one of the best of my life.  Time to celebrate love without distance and enjoy Georgia peaches and a walk in the park.  We love because He first loved us!
3/23/09 (4:00 am)
     Columbus airport signs haunt me.  It is ironic how one set of tickets can offer such hope, joy and freedom while another can absolutely wreck your world.  God, cold catfish and steak fries are my comfort this morning...
He reached down from heaven and rescued me;
He drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemies,
from those who hated me and were too strong for me.
They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress,
but the LORD supported me.
He led me to a place of safety;
He rescued me because He delights in me.
Psalm 16:16-19
     Ezy reminds me so very often that "He who promised is faithful" (Hebrews 10:23).  This verse means more to me now than ever before!  
Today:
     "Your field work has been approved."  An email reads from my screen.  A beeping web cam request waits from my husband in Georgia.  Could it be true?  All the hope, anticipation, and smothered elation comes bubbling out!  I told Scott I have not smiled so big and hard since a surprise birthday party from my childhood!  God absolutely did not have to do this (and few people believed He would) but it is so wonderful to have prayers answered!
Before they call I will answer;
While they are still speaking I will hear.
Isaiah 65:24
Matthew 7 also addresses the "Ask, Seek, Knock" concept.  Scripture makes it very clear that God wants to answer our prayers.  It is just so wonderful to see prayer answered!  I remember specifically boo-hooing my eyes out in the shower telling Jesus that He was enough and that I would go wherever He sent me and trust that His will is good (but I really hoped and prayed that His will was for me to be in Ft. Leonard Wood and I told Him this too).  How great is our God, that He would see the tears of an army wife and show compassion!  Thank You, LORD! 

1 comment:

Mellie_Blogs said...

so happy for you! God is AWESOME ALL THE TIME!
HUGS, Bri!
Love,
Melanie