I picked up my little "travel Bible" this morning after a test. It is so small it can fit in a purse easily or even a construction work belt (I treasure the powdered sheet rock in the cover of it's folds from gutting houses in New Orleans after the first round of hurricanes). This Bible and I have been through a lot together; not dissimilar to how Jesus and I have been through a lot together. :) My Savior doesn't fit in a purse haha. He is ever present in my life. He is my first love, and best friend. I can't travel too far, and I can't keep secrets from Him. Only my husband can even pretend to dream of coming close to such an intimate relationship that I have with my Lord, and even Scott will always be number two. I pray it would always be so.
I read from Isaiah 41:9-14
9 I took you from the ends of the earth,
from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, 'You are my servant';
I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
11 "All who rage against you
will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
will be as nothing and perish.
12 Though you search for your enemies,
you will not find them.
Those who wage war against you
will be as nothing at all.
13 For I am the LORD, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.
By this verse is written:
"4/15/08 3 months and 4 days till marriage. we are faithful."
Purity was not an easy battle for us. While we did ultimately "wait" till marriage, there were kisses when our hearts were not in the right place. It is good be able to look back on such a trying time, a battle of denial of self to glorify God, and be able to see that with His strength, we were able to prevail. It is surely only by the grace of God that we waited until our wedding night. For when we are weak He is strong.
This passage comforts my heart in hard times now. When I am weak, He is still strong. As He has proven to me time and time again, He will continue to be faithful. He is solid. He is love, and a perfect definition of what love should be (distance is no rival to what our Father has done for us). :) There is great hope for what is to come. :) Hope. And with that hope springs forth joy. Hi old friend, welcome back. :) Joy.
1 comment:
so good! isn't it wonderful that His Word is our rock. Unchanging in such a tumultuous world.
Post a Comment