feisty breeze


  • home
  • precious in His sight

Saturday, July 10, 2010

jonah









"The ribs and terrors in the wale, Arched over me a dismal gloom, While all God's sun-lit waves rolled by, And lift me deepening down to doom.
I saw the opening maw of hell, WIth endless pains and sorrows there; Which none but they that feel can tell--Oh I was plunging to despair.
In black distress, I called my God, When I could scarce believe him mine, He bowed His ear to my complaints-- No more the whale did me confine.
With speed he flow to my relief, As on a radiant dolphin borne;Awful, yet bright, as lightning shoneThe face of my Deliver God.
My songs forever shall recordThat terrible, that joyful hour;I give the glory to my God, His all the mercy and the power."

-Moby-Dick by Herman Melville, Chapter IX, The Sermon
This is a hymn that the church in Moby-Dick sang before the sermon on Jonah was narrated.











‎
Posted by bri at 5:28 PM

3 comments:

Shadow said...

wow, great pictures! where did you find them all?

July 10, 2010 at 10:03 PM
Anonymous said...

Those are some crazy kind of pictures. Makes you think about what Jonah went through!

July 11, 2010 at 12:14 PM
bri said...

google & spare time while the husband is being g i joe :)

July 12, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
"Just living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." -Hans Christian Andersen


followers

archive

my causes

  • advent conspiracy
  • CinC*House
  • living water international
  • re•make
  • the open arms shop
  • the transpire project
  • wounded warrior project
  • WTU Spouse Support
Simple theme. Theme images by gaffera. Powered by Blogger.