"I reject the notion that says, 'Have your devotional later.' Get behind me, Satan. The idea that I can begin this day without guidance from God is straight from the pit. In this way does the enemy make us weak and wrong. But I will seek you early, O Lord! (actually a little after 8:00)" -Roderick L. Barnes
A bit of my reading this morning:
We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Romans 15:1
My footnote reads:
We who are strong. Paul identifies himself with the strong Christians, those whose personal convictions allow them more freedom than the weak. to bear. Not merely to tolerate or to put up with but to uphold lovingly.
It continues:
May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepts you, in order to bring praise to God. Romans 15:5-7
No comments:
Post a Comment