Friday, October 1, 2010

rest

"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10


There is something to be said about the art of being restful. It is a fine line to walk between laziness and being consumed by the societal business of life.



Take time to listen and hear the Lord in those quiet moments (even if they have to be drastically planned into your hectic schedule). Seek Him in the stillness. Be intentional and go out of your way to plan for these opportunities.

"Unless the LORD builds the house,
its builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
the watchmen stand guard in vain.
In vain you rise early
and stay up late,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
for He gives to His beloved rest" Psalm 127:1-2

No comments: